Sunday, July 3, 2011

ANTIMONY CREEK---UTAH

Was able to leave the heat of Las Vegas and make my first trip of the year to southern Utah, I had Antimony creek in my sights thanks to Circle Valley Anglers for informing me the stream was running average/ clear.

The scenery while fly fishing the creek was an experience in itself.




My first fish a colorful brown........


Most fish were average size but there was some large fish holding in the creek, my 3wt rod magnified the fight in the feisty wild rainbows!




This rainbow had the brightest colors of any in the creek that I had caught......


I managed to catch around 5 browns and lost count of how many rainbows, it was a great day of fly fishing!

The hike back to my truck was even scenic enough to keep my mind off the long hike out.

No comments:

Post a Comment